The Sullivan Group provides wholesale insurance brokerage and underwriting services to our retail insurance producers, reinsurance brokerage, and acts as a program manager consultant.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, with locations across the United States, we have brokering and underwriting expertise across a diversified mix of Property, Casualty, Professional Liability, and Management Liability.
The Sullivan Group is one of the oldest and largest closely held brokerage operations. Long-recognized internationally for expertise in handling management & professional liability insurance programs and reinsurance brokerage, the Sullivan Group companies have handled a broad array of insurance and reinsurance since 1933.
Our individual companies share a common philosophy, which starts with an uncompromising commitment to client service. At The Sullivan Group, our mission is to create imaginative and effective ways to distribute risk—enabling businesses to operate and individuals to prosper.
Rather than trying to be “everything to everybody,” each company is committed to fostering a reputation for expertise in its particular specialty. All share a passion for professionalism, integrity, service to the client, and commitment to the community. Our companies focus on those clients, products, and market where there is an opportunity to add value to the transaction.
These include management liability programs for the healthcare industry and community association industry, and various garage coverage programs. The Sullivan Group manages contract underwriting and binding authorities. As a reinsurance intermediary, we place specialized and niche treaty reinsurance, as well as property facultative reinsurance, and, for Program Managers and Administrators, we place programs and provide consulting services.
The unique blend of entrepreneurialism and opportunism at the Sullivan Group creates a strong balance of unity and differentiation. Each company was born as a creative solution to an unmet need within the industry. Together, these companies collaborate to the benefit of our clients. As a result, the Sullivan Group continues to break new ground in the insurance industry.
“We’re Different” is a bold claim, but we back it up every day.
Recent recognition for The Sullivan Group:
- Jerry Sullivan, Chairman of the Sullivan Group, presented with the Charles A. McAlear/NAPSLO Industry Award by outgoing President Kevin Westrope during the 2014 NAPSLO Annual Convention General Session.
- Hank Haldeman, Executive Vice President of The Sullivan Group, elected by the membership to serve as NAPSLO president for the 2014-2015 term.
- Professional Insurance Agents New York awarded Kevin Davis, President of Kevin Davis Insurance Services (a Sullivan Group company), with the MetroRAP 2015 Industry Professional of the Year!
- Hank Haldeman, listed among the Insurance Business America’s “Hot 100.” The list is comprised of 100 of the industry’s top influencers.
- Gerald J. Sullivan & Associates, Inc. gets top marks from the California Surplus Line Association after receiving the least amount of tags!
- Hank Haldeman awarded with the Charles A. McAlear/NAPSLO Industry Award for his efforts on issues such as the passage and implementation of the Nonadmitted and Reinsurance Reform Act (NRRA) in 2012.
- The Los Angeles Chapter of the CPCU Society recognized Gerald J. Sullivan, Chairman of The Sullivan Group, the 2009 Rie R. Sharp Insurance Person of the Year Award winner.